grammar fixer for free
This tool enables you to correct the most cumbersome mistakes, with a high degree of accuracy and speed, and to improve your written English.
Do not hesitate to send us your feedback on the results of the spelling and grammar check. This way, you will enable us to improve our service.
Almost everyone, including native speakers, is prone to silly grammatical mistakes. Except you have a professional editor who manually goes through every piece of your writing, then you’re going to need our automated text correction.
For longer texts, Grammar Check allows you to upload documents saved in .doc, .docx, or .txt format. You can also upload files from Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Have you ever lost marks on a college or university paper because of grammar errors?
- Have you ever sent an important email, only to notice, too late, that there are errors in the text?
- Have you ever written a story or poem, only for the meaning to be lost in a badly flowing prose?
- Have you ever wasted time trying to decide if the correct word is you’re/your, for example?
- Have you ever pondered the correct usage of certain punctuation marks (colon and semi-colon we’re looking at you), and wondered if some of your meaning is lost because of bad punctuation choices?
If you use a good desktop publishing program such as Microsoft Word, you might be wondering why you need to use a grammar checker at all. These programs have their own spell check tool right?
The Ginger Spell Checker is a contextual spell checker which identifies the correction that best fits the meaning of the original sentence. When combined with the Ginger Grammar Checker, you can correct entire sentences in a single click. The same misused word will have a different correction based on the context:
The marble statue hed a big hed → The marble statue had a big head .
Get Page and check your text using a unique Contextual Grammar and Spell Checker.
This website is a work in progress, so I cannot guarantee that the system will catch every error in every text or that the advice and corrections will always be perfect.
What are avoidable errors? Avoidable errors are those particular errors students can correct for themselves because they have received form-focused instruction or because a free grammar checker like the Virtual Writing Tutor can detect them and suggest corrections. In other words, a student who submits a text that contains errors in grammar that was thoroughly taught in a previous lesson or contains errors that can be eliminated by using the Virtual Writing Tutor grammar checker is a student who has not met expectations. Submitting texts containing avoidable errors to a teacher indicates a lack of learning or care, and should be scored lower than texts without avoidable errors.