how to write an analysis paper on a book
No matter what you do, never introduce new ideas in the closing paragraph. A student must answer every question offered in the text.
- Choose the poem based on its creativeness & comprehension
- Take a poem of your choice/the one assigned by the teacher and read it several times
- Write down the main points. Try to define the mood/tone/writing style/voice of the author
- Reveal the hidden meaning of the poem
- Prepare an analysis outline with the detailed explanation of what should go in the essay’s introduction, body, and conclusion
- Reiterate one’s thesis statement instead of coming up with the personal one
- Make a list of bibliography according to the selected paper format
Making literary analysis outline is an important part of a writing process. You should understand what you will start with and what you will say in the conclusion. Make sure that you devote space to all important ideas of the author and don’t miss anything.
You can find some sample literary analysis outline on the Internet and follow it but don’t forget that the outline for literary analysis should be written accurately, paying attention to all features of the literature piece which you are going to analyze.
Mary Shelley uses shifting narrative perspectives to portray Frankenstein in an increasingly negative light as the novel goes on. While he initially appears to be a naive but sympathetic idealist, after the creature’s narrative Frankenstein begins to resemble – even in his own telling – the thoughtlessly cruel figure the creature represents him as.
In a play, you might consider how relationships between characters are built up through different scenes, and how the setting relates to the action. Watch out for dramatic irony, where the audience knows some detail that the characters don’t, creating a double meaning in their words, thoughts, or actions.
Now that you have an expertly written body for your analytical paper, it is time to finish your essay with…
You need to utilize gathered information and the arguments you have decided to use and figure out how to express them in your analysis essay.
Record notes about the positive and negative aspects of the book. Your book analysis should describe the strengths and weaknesses of the book. For example, the positive aspects of the book might be that the plot and characters were engaging. The negative aspects of the book could be that more characters were not involved in the story and that the final outcome was disappointing.
Write the book analysis paper. Use your outline to help you write the paper. Each heading corresponds to a separate paragraph. As you write the paper, do not use the pronoun “I.”