correct my grammar and punctuation
Perfectly integrates with essential apps
Scribens corrects over 250 types of common grammar and spelling mistakes, including verbs, nouns, pronouns, prepositions, homonyms, punctuation, typography, and more.
Comprehend these rules to remove grammar errors from your writing with the use of a free grammar checker. A complete sentence has two essential parts, such as a subject and a predicate. Subject explains what or who of a sentence. A predicate explains the activity of the subject. The subject is a pronoun or a noun and predicates are verbs.
- Verbs: specific actions, state of being or events.
- Pronouns: take the place of another pronoun or nouns.
- Nouns: name an abstract idea, thing, place, animal or person.
- Adjectives: modify pronouns or nouns by describing, quantifying or identifying them. An adjective precedes the pronoun or the noun that it modifies.
- Adverbs: modify an adjective, a verb, another adverb, a clause, or a phrase and indicate the degree, cause, place, time, or manner. Adverbs are easy to recognize because they provide with answers to question how much, where, when or how. Adverbs frequently end in “ly”.
- Prepositions: link phrases, pronouns, and nouns to other words in sentences and specify a relationship of logic, space or time.
- Conjunctions: link clauses, phrases, and words.
- Interjections are inserted in a sentence to convey emotions and are followed by exclamation points.
It’s never been easier to ensure that every piece of writing you produce reads like it is professionally written.
When you say “I need to check my grammar”, your automatic response should be “I will use Grammarix”.
- Proofread to perfection
- English style checker
- Punctuation analyzer
- Full text and word-to-word translations to and from 55 languages
The Virtual Writing Tutor can provide automated writing evaluation with a score and formative feedback on a variety of writing assignments. Try the opinion essay checker, film-analysis essay checker, argument essay checker, cover letter checker, IELTS essay checker, and self-scoring pen pal exchange system. Students at a college in Montreal got formative feedback on their film-analysis essays and reported that they liked getting a score and feedback in just two seconds instead of having to wait two weeks. Dr. Frank Bonkowski reported that using the VWT helped to reduce his workload. Try it for yourself.
After many years of research, I have developed a special method of quality detection that I call Latent Essay Feature Analysis (LEFA). I use it to discover what makes a great essay great. Then, I use Model Essay Proximity Scoring (MEPS) to determine how closely your essay resembles the ideal essay response for each test prompt.